- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1-1 ½ cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts, divided
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
Combine sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Slowly mix in flour mixture until just combined. Add pineapple, 1 cup chopped pecans and coconut. Continue mixing on medium-low speed until all ingredients are thoroughly combined (about 1 minute).
Spray a 13” x 9” baking pan with cooking spray. Pour cake batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes (or until cake is set in the center and a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
Cool cake completely in pan. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup nuts. Store in refrigerator.