Lent & Easter
Prayer, Preparation, The Resurrection
The 40 days of Lent for 2022 extend from Ash Wednesday (March 2) through Holy Saturday (April 14), omitting Sundays. The last three days of Lent are the sacred Triduum of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Lent has reacquired its significance in the early church as the final preparation of adult candidates for baptism. Joining with them, all Christians are invited “to the observance of a holy Lent, by self-examination and repentance; by prayer, fasting, and self-denial; and by reading and meditating on God’s holy Word” (BCP, p. 265).
Easter (Sunday, April 17) is the feast of Christ’s resurrection, beginning at sunset on Easter Eve with the Great Vigil of Easter.
Adult Christian Formation
9:30 a.m. Parish Hall and Via Zoom
Take time to learn with the St. Paul’s family during this engaging and informative time together on Sunday mornings.
Beginning March 6 and through April 3, Sunday morning Adult Formation xxx
‘Requiem’ Concert Replay
The choir of St. Paul’s performed W.A. Mozart’s “Requiem” on March 29, 2019. We offer this replay of the concert below as part of your Lenten observance. Ronnie Wise, director; Richard Rhoads, organist. Nancy King, soprano; John Callison, bass. Recording engineered and produced by Cleve Callison.
Holy Week & Easter
- Palm Sunday | April 10
- Maundy Thursday | April 14
- The Liturgy for Good Friday | April 15
- The Great Vigil of Easter | April 16
- Easter Day | April 17
- 8 a.m. Spoken Eucharist
- 10:30 a.m. Choral Eucharist
Easter Offering, Gift of Flowers or Music
You are invited to honor or remember loved ones with a Lenten/Easter offering to St. Paul’s or a gift of flowers or music for our Easter services.
- Please complete the form on this page. Your information will go right to the church office.
- Then send your gift one of two ways:
- Online via Vanco. Designate your gift for “Lenten/Easter Offering,” “Flowers” or “Music.” Please consider paying the small processing fee. Note: All financial information submitted to Vanco is encrypted and stored to the highest possible standards in the electronic payment industry.
- Mail your check to: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 16 N. 16th St., Wilmington, NC 28401
Deadline for flowers and listing of Thanksgivings/Memorials in bulletin is XX