Lent & Easter
Prayer, Preparation, The Resurrection
The 40 days of Lent for 2021 extend from Ash Wednesday (Feb. 17) through Holy Saturday (April 3), omitting Sundays. The last three days of Lent are the sacred Triduum of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Lent has reacquired its significance in the early church as the final preparation of adult candidates for baptism. Joining with them, all Christians are invited “to the observance of a holy Lent, by self-examination and repentance; by prayer, fasting, and self-denial; and by reading and meditating on God’s holy Word” (BCP, p. 265).
Easter (Sunday, April 4) is the feast of Christ’s resurrection, beginning at sunset on Easter Eve with the Great Vigil of Easter.
Holy Week & Easter
- Palm Sunday | March 28 | Download Bulletin | View Video
- Maundy Thursday | April 1, 7 p.m. | Download Bulletin | View Video
- The Liturgy for Good Friday | April 2, 12 p.m. | Download Bulletin | View Video
- The Great Vigil of Easter | April 3 | View Recorded Video from Diocese of East Carolina Here
- Easter Day | April 4 | Download Bulletin
‘Requiem’ Concert Replay
The choir of St. Paul’s performed W.A. Mozart’s “Requiem” on March 29, 2019. We offer this replay of the concert below as part of your Lenten observance. Ronnie Wise, director; Richard Rhoads, organist. Nancy King, soprano; John Callison, bass. Recording engineered and produced by Cleve Callison.