Let the countdown begin! We have only ten days until Fr. Caleb will begin serving as our rector! The anticipation and excitement are mounting! Some of us have easily found ways to occupy our time with Movie Nights, painting projects, organizing Sunday school rooms, reimagining The Source, filling activity bags for children and a whole host of other things.
Being the kind of person I am, I always seem to have a long list of things I’d like to get done at St. Paul’s, and of course, I’d like to get them done right now. But, every once in a while, God has to give me a little nudge and remind me of what is really important, or should be, at St. Paul’s. And sometimes, despite my longings to the contrary, it isn’t about whether the windowsills have been properly dusted or the welcome bags are housed in a nice basket or even that we have a roster of 52 greeters. And, as important as those, or any number of other things are to me, or to others, in the scheme of things, what really matters is how we share God’s love with each other.
If you are looking for to-dos to help occupy your time as we countdown to August 1, consider some of these ways to share the love with our St. Paul’s family:
- Call someone you have missed seeing at St. Paul’s
- Donate non-perishable food items to Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard
- Send an email to one of St. Paul’s staff to thank them for their service
- Spend at least three minutes after church talking to someone you don’t know
- Create a St. Paul’s prayer list and spend time in prayer
- Write a note to someone who has been a light in your life
- Contact the church office to volunteer to be a part of a ministry
- Do something kind for a neighbor or friend without expecting anything in return
- Pray for Fr. Caleb and his family
- Invite a friend or family member to attend St. Paul’s on August 1
I know it can be difficult to wait. But, while we do, be sure to share the love! 10…9…8…7…
Be the light!
Teresa B. Singer